Safety & Security at our Centre
Our staff is constantly monitoring the environment at our center to ensure that all children can play, learn, and interact in a safe and nurturing indoor and outdoor classroom.
- Safety starts with perimeter cameras and a security gate, where families must key in to reach the front door.
- Sign in and sign out sheets enable staff to monitor who drops off and picks up each child.
- Your child will be released only to those individuals whom you list in the child’s enrollment records. A Photo I.D. is required. All records are kept on a secure site on our computers.
- Parents or guardians may enter the facility at any time to observe or pick up their child.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are performed on all staff and volunteers.
- Fences and locked gates surround the facility.
- Low teacher-child ratios ensure that there are sufficient teachers and other adults available to adequately supervise the children in care.
- Classroom doors and classroom walls have windows for monitoring.
- Our staff is certified in CPR and First Aid as well as Universal Precautions.
- We are a well center, monitoring every child’s health on a daily basis. We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- Toys, surfaces, and floors are sanitized throughout the day to prevent the spread of germs.
- Heat and smoke detectors monitor the facility.
- Approved surfaces, fall zones, and playground equipment are installed in all outdoor play areas.
- A Disaster and Mass Casualty Plan has been developed and is regularly reviewed by the staff. It is available in the main office.